Canvas is a modern, easy-to-use Learning Management System (LMS) that brings instructors, students, and course content together in one place. It is cloud-based, so you can access all of your courses in real-time from anywhere, on any internet-connected device.
The modular architecture of Canvas allows for the ability to tap into a rich ecosystem of tools. MIT's Canvas includes several integrated services you can access using MIT Touchstone Authentication or your Infinite Connection Account including:
- Zoom — hold virtual classes or chat
- Piazza - an online gathering place where students can ask, answer, and explore 24x7, under the guidance of instructors
- Gradescope — administer and grade all of your assignments and exams, online or in-class
- Panopto — video recording and editing application
- Slack — messaging and collaboration tool for teams, groups and individuals