Schedule your Spring 2019 classes ONLINE
Consulting the Projected Spring Subjects list (which does not include subjects that have pre-set schedules such as required subjects for BSA, BSAD and MArch), please submit a separate form for each class listed that you indicated you would teach in Spring 2019 during the catalog update process (for may also want to see where and when you taught your Spring 2018 subjects for reference). The form gives you the option to:
- confirm that the subject will indeed be taught in Spring 2019, same schedule and room;
- confirm that the subject will be taught in Spring 2019 but request a different schedule and/or room;
- communicate that the subject will *not* be taught in Spring 2019;
- ask that the subject be completely removed from Course 4 offerings.
You can also use the form to:
- request a new subject — new subjects are listed with the approval of the Associate Head and/or Department Head (note: if you wish to offer a design workshop, subjects based on your individual research, there is a different process, form and deadline — see information on workshop proposals).
- submit a request for a room change for a class with a pre-set schedule that by default does not appear on the projected subjects list.
- BSA, BSAD and MArch subjects on the pre-set schedule CANNOT change the time of the class, but may use this form to request a room (studio space is arranged separately).
- Please do not schedule classes on Wednesdays 12:30-2 or Fridays 12-1. These slots are reserved for department-wide meetings.
- Undergraduate subjects may not be scheduled between 5 and 7 pm, Monday-Thursday. No classes may be scheduled after 5 pm on Friday through the weekend.
- Classrooms controlled by DUSP are in demand and availability is limited. Requests for DUSP classrooms from other Departments are not considered until right before the beginning of a term. It is in your best interest to identify other Institute rooms and/or characteristics to ensure you have an acceptable classroom for the term.
DEADLINE for submitting SPRING 2019 subject requests: SEPTEMBER 21, 2018
We rely heavily on Institute rooms as we have only one Department controlled classroom (3-329, 10-12 capacity, seminar table, plasma). The Schedules Office will give classroom priority to those conforming to the standard schedule listed below. Classes scheduled in the early morning, after 4 PM and on Fridays will have a broader option of desirable classrooms.
The Schedules Office will give classroom priority to those conforming to the standard schedule listed below. Classes scheduled in the early morning, after 4 PM and on Fridays will have a broader option of desirable classrooms.
|Class meeting per week||Day combinations|
|2 3 4||TR or MW MWF MTWR|
|Length of class period||Hour combinations|
|1 1.5 2||on the hour 9:30-11; 11-12:30; 1-2:30; 2:30-4 9-11; 11-1; 1-3; 3-5|