Travel and accommodations must be covered by the sponsor (Department, other MIT funds, or external organizations), so that field trip travel does not become a financial burden to the students. Students are expected to pay for meals, visa fees, and personal expenses.
The Head must approve ALL subject travel, including local trips, regardless of location, duration, or source of funding. The Educational value of the trip is of utmost importance.
Apply for Travel Now
- Download and complete a Travel Proposal form (PDF).
- Submit the proposal to Andreea O'Connell by the deadline — July 1 for fall/IAP workshops, November 1 for spring workshops and for summer workshops with travel, April 15 (or attach to online workshop proposal form if pertinent).
- If approved, all travelers will be contacted by a Department administrator for continued planning and adherence to Department travel requirements.
- Travel is approved based on the specifics of dates, location, itinerary and budget. If these change after approval, you must resubmit the proposal without guarantee of approval or additional funds.
- on a PC, right-click the text link and select "save link as"
- on a Mac, hold down the Ctrl key while clicking the link and select "save as"
→ Also see Workshop Proposals